Tuesday, March 13, 2007

THE CAMPUS JOURNALISM IN AUF IS DEAD

For our first colloquium, we have invited editors in chief from the different colleges in Angeles University Foundation and the staffers from the Pioneer with their adviser.

What really have stricken me is that when one of the guests said that campus journalism in AUF is dead. What thing have probably influenced that editor to say that?

Well anyway, I must say that before I did not realize that campus journalism in AUF is dead. First, I was not involved on these matters before. Second, I am not really interested in knowing these things. But now, I was like inspired to make some actions for campus journalism in AUF. Like, I want to be a part in changing the state of campus journalism nowadays.

As a Mass Communication student, I have the responsibility to take part in making campus journalism in AUF a nicer and a better one.

But before I can do that, I must study hard first with my Journalism subjects so that I will know these things really.

3 comments:

analou12a said...

First of all, I would like to commend you Joowon for having written articles like this, you really have developed. Well, I would say that campus journalism in AUF is actually dying. Look, students are not given the full right to express their point of vies regarding issues that are being known through the paper. Somehow, the administration is not allowing the campus writers to right negative things that will just worsen the reputation of this school that we have, AUF, being the First Catholic University in Central Luzon . But you know, we can still do something about this. As Mass Communication students, we are in need to be the awakening element of this university in redeeming the freedom of the press, speech and expression that were taken away from us long, long time ago. Now, you have actually a choice for this. Either to be a part of the awakening call or just let these things happen.

fridiane anne said...

I have been studying in angeles university for so long and I never imagined that it will come to the point where I wiil agree that students has no say to the administration in our school. Your article regarding this is true and I definitely agree with you. We as students has the right to express ourselves for our point of views and thoughts about the school. It is true that maybe a lot of the students are scared to take the consequences of their actions, if they contradict the administrations decision but if it is for the benefit and convinience of the students, I think we should have the courage to tell them whats bothering us. You are right as masscom students we should be able to help in communicating with the school's admistration. It is in our best advantage to practice our field in communication and if we do not begin with our frredom of speech in our university, It will never change and pass on this kind trend and that is not being able to state our point of views just pure silence.

fridiane anne said...

I have been studying in angeles university for so long and I never imagined that it will come to the point where I wail agree that students has no say to the administration in our school. Your article regarding this is true and I definitely agree with you. We as students have the right to express ourselves for our point of views and thoughts about the school. It is true that maybe a lot of the students are scared to take the consequences of their actions, if they contradict the administrations decision but if it is for the benefit and convenience of the students, I think we should have the courage to tell them what’s bothering us. You are right as masscom students we should be able to help in communicating with the school's administration. It is in our best advantage to practice our field in communication and if we do not begin with our freedom of speech in our university, it will never change and pass on this kind trend and that is not being able to state our point of views just pure silence.